Here are some of the typical fees and expenses B.J. runs into when participating in the MCRA races:
Trackday Practice Fee:
- Heartland Park Topeka Kansas $125.00 each day (Sat and Sun)
- Gateway Motorsports Park St. Louis Mo. $135.00 each day (Sat and Sun)
- Putnam Racway Park Greencastle Indiana $135.00 each day (Sat and Sun)
- Late entry Track Practice Fee $175.00-$185.00. These prices take the place of the above fees, when paying after the deadline. Deadline is usually one week before the race.
******Trackday Practice Fee is required one time prior to racing, but is very helpful to the rider if done both days.
Race entry fee:
- Saturday GT Race-$65.00
- Saturday GT Lights Race $65.00
- Sunday GT Race-$65.00
- Sunday GT Lights Race $65.00
*******B.J. is currently concentrating on the GT Lights races for this season. Currently positioned in 3rd place overall for his points.
Sunoco Race fuel for a typical race weekend = $50
New Dunlop Race tires: $275.00
Travel fuel:$115.00 fuel cost to Gateway for the weekend
Hotel Cost: One night stay at Motel 6 for Gateway motorsports race was $52.05
Food:$10.00-$50.00 a day depending on where you eat while at out of town race tracks.
Some tracks have garage areas to rent for $100.00 each day. Other tracks require a donation of $10.00-$20.00
We have 3 race weekends left of the season. One in Putnam IL, one in Gateway Motorsports Park in St. Louis, and one at Heartland Park in Topeka KS. B.J. is currently ranked 3rd in points for the season! He get points for the racing season even if he doesn’t place, show or win! In order to keep his 3rd position and/or move up to second or first, he needs to participate in the last 3 race weekends of the season.
As you can see, A typical race weekend for B.J. costs around $500. Thanks to all B.J.’s fans and friends who have helped him along the way!
I’ll be calling some friends in Indiana to see if we can stay at their house to help cut costs even further. If friends could step up with a few bucks each, it would help B.J. finish in the top three.
Every dollar helps, consider sending a buck or two to help B.J.?